Thursday, March 27, 2008
Here is a recycle type project. I covered a cheap frame from the dollar store(I sold all my old ones at my rummages sale last spring for 25cents so now I had to spend a $1-go figure). I used TAC's Mimi Paper and ripped it into pieces-great for scrap pieces!!, inked the edges in brown and used decoupage glue to cover the frame. The Mimi paper is a heavier weight so I peeled off a layer from the back so the paper would be thinner, lay nice and easier to work with for this.I used the Alphagrunge letters and paper pieced the word "notes" to match the frame, and Curls & Swirls are in the bottom corners. I did add some flowers-our Asst. Bitty Blossoms to the bottom to make this match some other altered items I shared a while back. So I covered and decorated the frame, decorated a sheet of paper for the background to put behind the glass, and grabbed a dry-erase pen and viola! a customized dry-erase board. So simple and has been done before, but a fun/easy project that is useful.
Posted by Heidi at 8:19 AM